Torchwood: The Undertaker's Gift

The Undertaker's Gift by Trevor Baxendale
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Very enjoyable story line - the end of the world - so a normal day for Torchwood. Some pretty dark themes running through which were well thought out. Jack's relationship with death being the biggest and most obvious component here, but there's also a few other touching subjects implied.

The pacing was good, action packed from start to end if a little too long in the build up. A few too many fore-warnings for my liking. I loved the conclusion in a sci-fi geek sense - very nice. However, in a story line sense, I found it a little lacklustre. The solution was a touch too easy in my opinion, also the scientist in me is annoyed by lack of ingenuity on the part of the characters.

The combat and action sequences were good, well written and gripping. All in all a good story that I enjoyed reading.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts