Wrecked

I'm clinging to the wheel of this  train wreck
Cold white points signal the last safe check
Tears once shed, no longer roll across the plains
As life flashes on by

The track I lay on is doomed, I can see the brake
A single arm's reach across, is yet too much to take
In dreams the world has meaning, only in my sleep
Reality comes crushing

Is there time for one last round, I don't know
And I don't care, where once there was escape
Doors are all flung wide, there lies only madness

The fall will swallow my pride

Comments

  1. Very nice, dear Valentine!
    May I ask you - why you don't send your poetry here? It would be much easier for readers to see your works in one place.
    Best regards, R.Y.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ris,
      The short answer is that my blog is a relatively recent creation, that I really haven't got round to using properly just yet. I hope to get to it, but honestly reading some of my older poems is cringe worthy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts